Volunteers are the life blood of foodbanks and make a difference to the local community. Since 2013 we have been helping those less fortunate in the local community and we have done that with our fantastic team of volunteers.
Join us today and start changing lives, your skills could be just what we need. Sign up as a volunteer now!
Volunteers are the driving force behind foodbanks. There are thousands of volunteers across the UK, helping The Trussell Trust Foodbank Network get emergency food to people in crisis. We want you to enjoy volunteering and there are different ways to get involved. Whatever role you choose, you will make a real difference to the life of someone in crisis.
Warehouse volunteer: Help to weigh, sort and store donated food. You will need to be fit and able for this role. Volunteers are required on a Monday evening in the warehouse in Duncrue Industrial Estate from 6.00pm to around 7.30pm.
Foodbank Centre volunteer: Meet clients and give out food parcels. Have an informal chat with clients over a cup of tea or help in the store making up parcels to be given out to clients. Volunteers help on either a Tuesday afternoon or Thursday evening at the foodbank on the North Circular Road or Monday afternoon in the foodbank on Agnes Street.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Fundraising Coordinator – This role is focused on maximising the funds raised by the food bank, and through it promoting our message and goals. This valuable role will ensure the food bank has a strong fundraising foundation, that will help shape how it operates now and in the future.
- Public Relations – Helping to promote the work of the food bank and encourage donations and community engagement through a wide range of communication channels. Plan advertising for public events and develop regular newsletters.
- Social Media Coordinator – Helping to promote the work of the food bank by engaging with the community. Also, to encourage donations and share news and information through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Supermarket Liaison – Supermarket collection points are some of the most important & convenient ways for donors to support the work of the food bank. This role would help the food bank make sure strong communication is maintained with all store champions, and to keep them updated with relevant information concerning the important role they play.
- Website Editor – Our website provides easily accessible information for anyone looking to find out more about the food bank. The Website editor will play a crucial role in being responsible for ensuring the pages remain up to date, relevant and engaging.